Chris helps you get started with your journey through the world of 3D design. In this video tutorial, he’ll teach you the basics you need to know when working with 3D authoring tools. This includes the following core concepts:
- Navigating 3D Space. Learn how to Zoom, Pan, and Rotate your way around a basic 3D Scene.
- 3D Modeling & Design. Create and build 3D objects by placing elements into the scene, then manipulating those elements and moving them into place.
- Rapid Prototyping. Learn how to use Lego Digital Designer to quickly prototype basic 3D models, ideas, and concepts.
- Bonus. Have fun learning by spending some time re-building your favorite LEGO designs from your childhood.
Make sure you grab this resource file. It’s filled with goodies to help get you going with some fantastic LEGO design ideas.
Here’s a sample of what’s inside:
And some more stuff:
So that covers the resource file, next you need to install LEGO Digital Designer.
All done? Well… in that case, what are you waiting for? Jump into the tutorial and get BUILDING!
Now that you know LEGO Digital Designer, go recreate some of the other LEGO designs from the resource pack. Free your mind and build something great — make sure to come and share your creations with us here at Day Of The Indie.
We leave you with this final thought… “Everything is AWESOME!” -[:)]
Member of the Apple Game Frameworks Team @ RayWenderlich.com
Author of 3D Apple Games by Tutorials.
Latest posts by Chris Language (see all)
- Quick-Tip: Create Your Own Custom Brushes for Affinity Designer - March 27, 2017
- Tutorial: LEGO Digital Designer / Introduction to 3D Design – Part 2 - March 9, 2017
- Bits & Bytes: 2D ASTEROIDS Retro-Pack - February 27, 2017