In this short video, Chris Language will teach you the following SceneKit concepts:
- Scene Graph Layout. Learn how to construct a 3D scene, and how keep things neat and organized.
- Node Inspector. Set basic properties like Position, Rotation, and Scale.
- Attributes Inspector. Set custom properties on special nodes like the Floor, Plane, and Light nodes.
- Materials Inspector. Learn how to add textures to your 3D objects, and how to tile and scale them too.
- Lights & Shadows. Add basic lighting to your scene using the Ambient, Omni, and Spot lights.
- Animation. Add basic animation to scenes and objects by making use of Xcode’s built-in Action Editor.
Before watching this video, there are a few things you’ll need. Firstly, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Xcode installed. Once you have that, grab the Example Code and extract it to your hard drive. You’ll find all of the required resources in there.
Excellent! Now you’re ready to rock and roll! -[:)]
If you liked this video tutorial and want to learn more about Xcode and SceneKit, be sure to check out Chris’s book, 3D Apple Games by Tutorials.
Member of the Apple Game Frameworks Team @ RayWenderlich.com
Author of 3D Apple Games by Tutorials.
Latest posts by Chris Language (see all)
- Tutorial: Introduction To ARKit With SceneKit - June 20, 2017
- Tutorial: MagicaVoxel / Introduction to 3D Design – Part 02 - May 19, 2017
- Tutorial: MagicaVoxel / Introduction to 3D Design – Part 01 - April 21, 2017